Thursday, September 28, 2006

Echoing Sentiments

Although I feel sorry for the asinine questions asked in Property I (L-Z), and although I like Prof. Property very much, I want the Marine Corps.  I want to be able to brag to my kids about walking barefoot uphill both ways in 110° heat through 18" of snow, only to be kicked out of class because my shoes are muddy.  I signed up for bootcamp, not kindergarten.

Am I a masochist?

Today, a certain student (male or female) entered class at least fifteen minutes late.  I feel bad for himmer; I'm glad it wasn't me; but if it had been me, I'd want Prof. Property to watch me unpack my things, ask me if I had my brief, then walk over and physically kick me out of class (whether or not I had my brief).  That's what the Marine Corps is like.  (Or so I imagine.)  Instead, Prof. Property gave himmer what I call the "baby death penalty": no use of the computer during class.  Whatever.

Then again--the laidback, easygoing nature of Property is rare thing in law school and something that shouldn't be thrown away for dumb pride.  Keep on truckin', Prof. Property.  You have my blessing.


powered by performancing firefox

No comments: