- I know a little less than the average bear about the NFL.
- I grew up in a distant suburb of Dallas.
- I'm a big fan of momentum in football.
The Wild Card Round
(5) New York* v. (4) Cincinnati - The Jets have won 5 of their last 6, and the Bengals have lost 3 of the last 4. Jets by 17.
*Isn't it great that I only have to type
"New York" and not "New York Jets"?
(6) Eagles v. (3) Cowboys - The Eagles have won 6 of their last 7, but the Cowboys have won 3 in a row, two by shutout (including last week against the Eagles) and one against the then-undefeated Saints. Cowboys by 146.
(6) Ravens v. (3) Patriots - Both the Ravens and the Patriots have won 3 of their last 4. The Ravens won their last game, beating the Raiders when they had to. The Patriots lost their last game, giving the Texans their first ever winning season. Ravens by a safety.
(5) Packers v. (4) Cardinals - The Packers have won 7 of their last 8, and the Cardinals lost half of their last 6 games. The Packers beat the Cardinals in Week 17. Packers by 6.
Odd note: Jets-Bengals, Eagles-Cowboys, and Packers-Cardinals are all repeats of Week 17. I wonder how often that's happened.
The Divisional Round
(1) Saints v. (5) Packers - The Saints won their first 13 games, then lost their last 3. The Packers will be riding a streak of 3 in a row and 8 of their last 9. Packers will brees by.
(2) Vikings v. (3) Cowboys - The Vikings have lost 3 of their last 5. The Cowboys will be running a 4-game winning streak. Cowboys by 4.
(1) Colts v. (6) Ravens - The Colts won their first 14 and lost their last 2. The Ravens will have won 4 of their last 5, including 2 in a row. Ravens by a feather.
(2) Chargers v. (5) New York - The Chargers have won 11 in a row. I don't think the Jets have anything for that. Chargers win it at Waco High Stadium.
Conference Championship Round
(5) Packers v. (3) Cowboys - I got nothing. Cowboys by 87.
(6) Ravens v. (2) Chargers - Chargers will have won 12 in a row. And we all want to see a Super Bowl at Waco High Stadium. Chargers by 12.
Super Bowl XLIV at Waco High Stadium
It would be even cooler if it were at Paul Tyson Field. Cowboys crush Chargers and embarrass L.T.II.
You heard it hear first, folks.