Sunday, May 30, 2010

How exciting!

The Lakers and Celtics are in the NBA Finals for the first twelfth time ever!  I was a little surprised that they've only met in the Finals twelve times.  Between them, they have 32 championships (out of 64 total), and I was under the impression they had met every year in the 1960s and 1980s.  I guess I was wrong.

Side note to American sports: this is a bad year for the home team.  The Yankees are reigning champions of MLB, Duke reigns in college basketball, and now the Lakers or Celtics will reign in the NBA.  Is it any wonder the NFL is America's most popular league?

I wash my hands of this.

2 comments:

Ed said...

who do you favor Larry Bird or Magic Johnson?

Ed
http://kogwardcollectibles.blogspot.com

Jeremy Masten said...

Well . . . Magic Johnson beat AIDS. But . . . Larry Bird beat Magic Johnson at least once. So I'm going with Larry Bird.