Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pagans in State Government

I saw a really funny headline, at least if you grew up in the Bible Belt: "Perry Appoints Pagan to the Aerospace and Aviation Advisory Committee." Haha . . .

I also had a terrible conversation with my landlord yesterday. We're out of town for a friend's wedding, and I forgot to give our animals extra food. I called up my landlord to see if he could unlock the door for my in-laws so they could feed our animals. Unfortunately, he was unavailable. Then:

Me--"OK, so could Mrs. Roper* possibly unlock the door?"
Mr. Roper--"Mrs. Roper divorced me last summer."
Me--"Oh . . . uh . . . I'm sorry . . . I didn't know . . ."
Mr. Roper--"So are y'all going to renew your lease?"

Thankfully, I'm in law school and I've learned how to trample on people's feelings.




Ed. Note--Names have been changed. Extra points for anyone who can guess where this name came from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mikearoni says,

Nice Three's company reference. and there's no need to wrry about others' feelings. remember the the pyrite rule, "do it to others before they do it to you.

Anonymous said...

I liked the Three's Company reference. Maybe I'll have to incorporate them on the next exam. Thanks for the idea.