Friday, January 19, 2007

Silence is Golden

I feel bad that it's been so long since I posted on here. My readership of 3 probably dropped to 1. (And he's got to keep checking--he's Milwaukee. That's what he does.) Speaking of Milwaukee . . . I was just reading about how Reagan and Ford considered a Reagan-Ford ticket in 1980. One of the great partnerships that never was. Well, Milwaukee and I were almost moot court partners. Someone had a prior claim on me, but it would have been the greatest ever--ChiWaco. Oh well, I guess T-Square and I will have to stomp Milwaukee and his new partner, leaving him like the fire of 1871. Bam.

In other news--the Bravest Bear commented on my last post something to the effect that liberals get more and more closed-minded as conservatives argue less and less on facts. It's an interesting theory and largely true (sadly). I thought it was worth airing next to my favorite defense when I argue with my dad about Republicans: "A conservative under 30 has no heart, but a liberal over 30 has no brain."*

Anybody know who? I'll give you a hint . . .





*Note--Remember the source and the fact that I am under 30. The quote does not apply to any professors at Baylor Law School, especially those who grace me with grades.

3 comments:

Alan said...

That wasn't Bill Lester, was it? Because we all remember when Rep. Lester was elected...

Ramblin' Texan said...

I was told that same type of thing except it was

"If you are a Republican at 20 you have no heart and if you are a Democrat at 40 you have no brain."

I think the punchline is that if you can whole-heartedly side with either party at thirty you have no character.

I don't know I think if you actually belong to one side then you necessarily have be close minded. specifically when the rhetoric eqully espoused is "They are ruining America" while pointing at the other side. Meanwhile they creating the very conditions they are bashing the other side for. No-where is there accountability, character, and insight. Now (as it has been since party were created) the only name of the game is maintianing power for you party. The good of the people is only protected if those people belong to the same party as the speaker, if not they are lost souls who need to come to their own aid and start being productive for the good of the nation. Hearing politicians harp on these devisive issues like abortion while ignoring things like trade deficits and job outsource is repugnant. Let's worry about keeping our money and jobs here and everyone can afford condoms, there, problem solved. Next.

Mark S. said...

Winston Churchill, wee man. You know it's funny...I was just spelling his name, and I wanted to spell it like "churchhill." I say it that way atleast...should I be saying it as Chur-chill? Now the name itself sounds funny. Churchill. Churchel. Churtle. Turtle. You know he looks like a turtle, too. Ribbit.